Thursday, January 22, 2015

Finally a post


From Micro transitioning to Full Time.


For me the process of transitioning began a long time ago.  I'm not really sure exactly when, but at least after I had bariatric bypass Surgery 10 years ago.  After that I started letting my hair get longer (on my head) and started working on removing it everywhere else.  4 years ago when I had prostate surgery I had really started to look more and more feminine.  And the reality of mortality that comes with cancer gave me a push to become more of who I really am and to stop living an act.  I really allowed my hair to get longer and wearing it in very feminine styles.  I also started with laser hair removal.  My look definitely went to the feminine side of androgynous.  

So now I have decided I just can't keep hiding my true self.  I needed to move forward.  The  difference in my appearance will not change much until I get on hormones and hopefully grow some nice little boobies. 

I wrote the above a year ago and what a year it has been.  I'm now 38 days from my surgeries.  GRS, BA, and FFS over two days (March 2 and 3).  I am getting so excited.  And, while I have a long way to go I think HRT has made a big difference.  This picture is from August.



I plan to use this blog to allow those that want to know more about what  gender transition is to get some idea of it.  How it changes me, and the joys and pains of the process.  Doing so in a more detailed and intimate way then on my Facebook account.  So I hope I can create the discipline to maintain it and get some pictures that are meaningful.  Thanks to everyone for all of the emotional support I have received. and especially to Karen who is my rock and soul mate in this life.  


2 comments:

  1. Not being a crafter of words myself, oftentimes I rely on the words of others to express myself. Here I go again:

    I suppose whenever you go through periods of transition, or in a way, it's a very definite closing of a certain chapter of your life - I suppose those times are always going to be both very upsetting and also very exciting by the very nature because things are changing and you don't know what's going to happen.
    ~ Daniel Radcliffe

    I wish you only good times in your transition and think of you and Karen often.

    ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna ... such a nice post. :D

    ReplyDelete